Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
from bon appetit magazine, courtesy of nigella.
- 1 1⁄2 cups muscat wine or 1 1⁄2 cups other sweet wine
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken stock, divided
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- salt & pepper
- 4 boneless duck breasts
- combine 1/2 c wine, 1/4 stock and next 4 ingredients, add duck breasts and marinate 30 mins-2 hrs, refrigerated.
- remove duck from marinade, heat a skillet over hi heat.
- place duck breasts skin side down, cook 5-7 mins until browned, turn over, and cook 12-15 mins more.
- transfer to a dish
- to skillet add 1 c wine, 1 c broth, reserved marinade, and reduce liquid to 3/4 cup.
- season with salt and pepper, place duck on plates and drizzle with sauce.