Prep 3 mins
Cook 7 mins
My Dad's famous for this one. Feedin' a family with 5 kids, when budgeting, this was a favorite, and being Irish, well, lets just say it was a nice change from potatoes! We make this with the yolk still runny, but if you like your eggs well done, crack the yolk just before turning them. Or scramble them first, and add some crumbled bacon, cheese, peppers and onions.... Endless possibilities!
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided (or to taste. We love lots.)
- 2 slices bread, with a hole made in the middle to fit an egg yolk
- 2 large eggs
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- In a large frying pan, melt half of butter over medium heat. Place the bread slices into pan, and crack an egg into the center hole.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook about 2-3 minutes depending on how well done you want your yolks.
- Add remaining butter, and carefully flip over the bread with the egg center. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
Easy and Fast!
These are from my childhood. My mom always made these for us as kids. I always loved them.
Always wanted to try this. I think our bread slices were small, but I definitely overcooked my eggs. You need it runny to run all over the toast! I might try w/ a smidge less butter and not cook so long...yum breakfast for dinner :)