Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Potatoes with bacon and smoked cheddar. From Norah Brown, Grange Lodge. Adapted from The New Irish Table.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boiling potatoes, unpeeled
- boiling salt water
- 4 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces smoked cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender, 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Drain the potatoes and let cool until they are cool to the touch.
- Cut each potato into 4 wedges.
- Place wedges in a greased baking dish and toss with the butter.
- Pour cream over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Crumble bacon and sprinkle on top.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cream has thickened and cheese is melted.