Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Muriel is one the the ladies at our Church. She brings this to all our pot lucks. I find it to be very, very refreshing after eating all the heavier sweets. It's like a breath of fresh air!
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (3 ounce) package orange Jell-O
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen orange juice (355 ml)
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges (284 ml)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- In a large mixing bowl, pour 2 cups boiling water over the orange an lemon jello mixes.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Stir in tin of frozen orange juice.
- Add 1 cup of the juice reserved from the mandarin oranges and canned pineapple.
- Add the drained oranges and pineapple.
- Pour into mold (or glass dish/decorative bowl).
- Refrigerate until firm (2 hours or overnight).
- Unmold and enjoy.
- Cooking time is actually time spent waiting for gel to set.
I found this to be very good with a great citrus flavor. Instead of the frozen orange juice, I used a can of orange-pineapple juice, and I also used crushed pineapple instead of the tidbits. Very Good!
I loved the extra orange flavor boost and the velvety texture the concentrate gave this Jello. I used a small can of the orange juice. The orange juice concentrate highlights the fruity flavors. The Jello set up perfectly and cut perfectly. I will definitely make this again. Thanks Sharon! Roxygirl in Colo.