Murghi Chicken Curry Soup
- In a saucepan heat the ghee over medium high temperature, then sauté the slightly-crushed cardamom pods for 10 seconds.
- Add the chopped onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the cubed chicken, turmeric, salt, pepper, and ginger, and sauté until slightly browned, about 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the water, butternut squash, tomatoes, cilantro, and parsley, cover, reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- You can add extra water to achieve desired consistency or flavor, if necessary.
- Serve with basmati rice, chutney and puri (puffed fried bread).
- Source: Joanie at Gail’s Recipe Swap.