Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A rich and delicious curry soup!
Make and share this Murghi Chicken Curry Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 3 1⁄3 lbs cubed raw chicken
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 6 de-seeded cardamom pods, slightly crushed
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 6 cups hot water
- 1 cup cubed butternut squash
- 2 tomatoes, grated
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- In a saucepan heat the ghee over medium high temperature, then sauté the slightly-crushed cardamom pods for 10 seconds.
- Add the chopped onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the cubed chicken, turmeric, salt, pepper, and ginger, and sauté until slightly browned, about 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the water, butternut squash, tomatoes, cilantro, and parsley, cover, reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- You can add extra water to achieve desired consistency or flavor, if necessary.
- Serve with basmati rice, chutney and puri (puffed fried bread).
- Source: Joanie at Gail’s Recipe Swap.