1 hr 10 mins
A rich and delicious curry soup!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/3 lbs cubed raw chicken
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 6 de-seeded cardamom pods, slightly crushed
- 2 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 6 cups hot water
- 1 cup cubed butternut squash
- 2 tomatoes, grated
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1In a saucepan heat the ghee over medium high temperature, then sauté the slightly-crushed cardamom pods for 10 seconds.
- 2Add the chopped onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- 3Add the cubed chicken, turmeric, salt, pepper, and ginger, and sauté until slightly browned, about 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add the water, butternut squash, tomatoes, cilantro, and parsley, cover, reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5You can add extra water to achieve desired consistency or flavor, if necessary.
- 6Serve with basmati rice, chutney and puri (puffed fried bread).
- 7Source: Joanie at Gail’s Recipe Swap.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Murghi Chicken Curry Soup
Serving Size: 1 (473 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 909.7
- Calories from Fat 711
- Total Fat 79.0 g
- Saturated Fat 25.0 g
- Cholesterol 215.6 mg
- Sodium 947.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 36.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: