Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is Chef Sanjeev Kapoor's recipe from the Young Times magazine. It makes a great party appetiser. Hope you like it!
- 4 chicken breasts (about 800 gms.)
- 4 -6 green chilies, stems removed and washed
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and washed
- 5 -6 cloves garlic, peeled and washed
- 2⁄3 cup plain yogurt, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup grated processed cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg (You can use powdered cinnamon as a substitute)
- 2 teaspoons garam masala powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean, wash, debone and cut each chicken breast into two.
- Grind green chillies, ginger and garlic into a smooth paste.
- Rub it well onto chicken pieces.
- Cover and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Hang yogurt in a muslin cloth for 30 minutes and drain away the whey.
- Mix thickened yogurt, cheese, cream, nutmeg powder, honey, garam masala powder, lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Whisk ingredients well and marinate the chicken pieces in this for 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Place chicken pieces, an inch apart, on a wire rack.
- Cook chicken on the grill, top and bottom, for 20 minutes, brushing with butter every 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with a chutney of your choice.