Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
this meal is very yummy that i love and make all the time
Make and share this Murgh Makhani (Indian Butter Chicken) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons dried chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 roma tomatoes, seeded, diced
- 125 g natural yoghurt
- 500 g chicken breast fillets, chopped (skinless)
- 125 g butter
- 2 red capsicums, sliced
- 2 brown onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup thickened cream
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- mix the spices, salt, ginger, garlic, tomatoes and yogurt together in a large bowl. add the chicken pieces and toss well to coat. marinate in the refridgerator for 30 to 60 minutes.
- melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. add the capsicums and onion and cook, stirring, until the onion softens. add the chicken mixture and cook, stirring, 5 to 10 minutes or until the chicken changes colour.
- increase heat to medium- high and stir in the cream and coriander. cook until mixture just begins to boil, stirring continuously. serve immediately with rice.