Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Serve hot with Nan. or Roti
- 750 g chicken, cut in 1 12 inch pieces
- 1 kg onion
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (haldi)
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled & chopped 2 bay leaves (taze patta)
- 3 medium tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons coriander, fresh chopped
- Finely slice the 2 onions and roughly chop the rest of the onions. Add the chilli powder, ground coriander, turmeric and salt to the chicken and mix well to coat the chicken pieces
- Lightly grease a heavy based sauce pan with 1 tablespoon of oil. Spread half of the chopped onions on the bottom. Add the chicken pieces and layer the rest of the chopped onions on top.
- Cover pan with a tight fitting lid. Cook for 20-25 minutes until the onions are reduce to a pulp and the chicken is tender. Heat oil in another pan. Add sliced onions, ginger and garlic, stirring frequently fry for 8-10 minutes to a crisp golden color. 5. Add the bay leaves stir fry for another minute stirring frequently add tomatoes and stir fry until the tomatoes are reduce to a pulp.
- Add meat and onions to it. Stir well to mix all the ingredients. Stirring frequently, fry the mixture until it is well browned and a thick onion sauce has formed. Add lemon juice and while mixing well fry for another minute.
- Sprinkle with chopped coriander leaves .