My grandmother left me all of her recipes when she passed on recently and I've been having a blast going through them. Most date from the 50's and '60s time period and she was fond of international cuisine when international cuisine was not really invogue. As I find recipes I think people would be interested in, I will post for all to use like this one from a newspaper clipping from Bombay (Mumbai), India.
- Melt the butter and brown the onions in it.
- Put in the cinnamon, cloves, and cardamom.
- Add chili peppers and coriander.
- Add meat and cover pan. Simmer for 20 min over low heat.
- Add water, garlic, ginger and turmeric. Cook 10 min more.
- Serve over rice with grated hard boiled egg on top.