Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
MURG KARI (Chicken Curry)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1⁄4 cup mango chutney
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons water
- Cut chicken into cubes and set aside. In a large skillet over medium high heat, cook onion, garlic, ginger and curry until onion has softened.
- Add chicken and stir to coat chicken in seasonings.
- Stir in stock, coconut, chutney and ketchup.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, salt, and pepper and continue simmering until chicken is no longer pink inside. Dissolve cornstarch in water; stir into skillet and bring to a boil.
- Stir cook until sauce is thickened.
- Serve over basmati rice or long grain rice. This recipe can be made the day before and refrigerated until needed.
My dad and I love to cook together and I always go on this website for ideas and recipes. My whole family agreed that this chicken curry was the best dinner we've ever made together. We put in a little less ginger though. This recipe definitely deserves these 5 stars.