Recipe by Mini Ravindran
Chaat is a popular Indian snack..which was traditionally taken in the evenings but now frequently used as a stomach filler when you are not hungry enough to go for a full meal or simply when you don't want to go for full scale cooking. Chaat is normally a veggie dish but this one is with Chicken and very tasty.
Top Review by Fandoos
Absolutely fabulous-oooo! I made this exactly, except I ran outta red bell peppers, so used green instead. Not a big difference. I also thought the quantity of veggies listed was way to little for the amount of chicken, so I added like 4 times as much! Cuz when u stir fry the vegetables, they soften and shrink up. I served this w/lots of lemon juice on top, rolled up in Arabic bread. My hubbie liked 'em so much, he insisted on eating these sandwiches for lunch as well as dinner. Nice, easy, and low caloried lunch! What more could u ask for! Thanks!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 50 ml canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 tablespoons onions, julienned
- 3 tablespoons red capsicums, julienned
- 4 tablespoons tomatoes, julienned
- 1 teaspoon chat masala (freely available in any Indian supermarket in spices section)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (preferably fresh juice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken breasts with salt and turmeric powder for 15 minutes.
- Drain, cool and shred the chicken.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and sauté julienned onion, capsicum and tomatoes for 5 minutes.
- Add shredded chicken.
- Add chaat masala and chili powder. Toss well.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and serve.