Recipe by Mysterygirl
I got this recipe from the owner of Birk's Gasthaus in Hermann, Missouri, USA. They used to have Murder Mystery weekends and they always served this for dinner on Saturday night. I won the weekend we went, plus I came home with some wonderful recipes. I have since been told that this works great for once a month cooking. I have added those directions to the bottom of the recipe.
Top Review by Charlotte J
Fixed this after church this noon. Quick, easy and very rich. I believe what I will try next time is to put the cheese and crushed croutons on the last ten minutes of cooking. Today when I took off the cover the cheese had melted and ran off the side. I used only 1/3 cup of the crushed croutons do you think that would of made the difference on the cheese? Thank you I will fix this again!!
- 8 boneless chicken breasts
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup crushed crouton
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a baking dish.
- Place chicken breasts in the dish.
- Top with slices of Swiss cheese.
- Combine soup and wine, pour over chicken and cheese.
- Drizzle with melted butter and sprinkle the top with the crushed croutons.
- Bake covered at 350 for 1 hour, then uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
- For Once a Month Cooking:.
- Put together cheese, chicken soup, wine and put chicken on top.Freeze uncooked. When ready to cook, top with croutons or bread crumbs with butter and cook at temp in recipe.