Recipe by Nado2003
I loved this dish growing up. It's so versatile, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, whatever meal. Sweet or savory. This dish works anytime. Found the recipe at petitechef.com. I have not yet made it. But I keep all my recipes here. I don't use the sesame sugar due to my allergy to sesame seeds. However, I've always seen them served together. It must be good.
- 1 1⁄2 cups glutinous rice (soak 4hrs or overnight)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mung beans, split (yellow, soak 4+hrs)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons roasted sesame
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain mung bean and steam for 20 minutes. After steaming then mash it, so they are in various stages of mashiness.
- Drain the glutinous rice and mix with the mashed mung bean. Add in the salt and mix well.
- Steam the mung bean rice on a cheesecloth for 15 minutes. Then add in the sugar and toss to mix well, but don't crush the rice grains. Steam for another couple minutes until the rice is tender (it becomes clear when cooked). The rice should taste a little sweet. The rice should also be separated and not stick together.
- Serve alone or with some sugar sesame. Remember to pound some of the sesame to give it more fragrance and then mix together with salt and sugar.