Recipe by STK FD WIFE, A.TITUS
Korean recipes from Sunset
Top Review by Buster's friend
Fast and delicious sub for slaw with fried chicken ( a great final resting place for 1 lb of sprouts). I used 1.75 liters of super bubbling boiling hot water from my electric kettle to blanch the sprouts and a grated carrot in a plastic colander. Pouring the boiling water over them made them just the right texture - crunchy tender and clean. Awesome to be able to slam out in under 10 minutes too! Used white and black sesame seeds I toasted in a dry pan until they were popping. They sizzled when poured onto the sprouts - next time I'll do that the table. It'll get oohs and aaahs. Total keeper recipe that I may sub in finely shredded cabbage when I don't have sprouts. TYTYTY!
- 1 lb rinsed mung bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring 2 quarts water to a boil.
- Add 1 pound rinsed mung bean sprouts and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Cook until sprouts begin to wilt but still retain a slight crunch, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain well and pour into a bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar, 2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil, 1 tablespoon sugar, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve at room temperature or cold.
- Shortly before serving, sprinkle mung bean sprout salad with about 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds.