Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
An easy-to-make hummus with an exotic Indian flavor, for when you're craving something different.
Make and share this Mung Bean Hummus recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups mung beans, cooked
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup tahini
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 -2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup water
- Add the mung beans to a food processor and pulse until a fine, fluffy crumb develops, about one minute.
- Scrape the bean paste from the corners, then add the lemon juice, tahini, garlic, spices and salt. Blend again, for another minute.
- Start adding the water one bit at a time. Blend until the hummus is smooth, light and creamy.
- Taste, and adjust to your liking - adding more lemon juice, spices or salt, if needed.