Recipe by Sharon123
A wonderful crunchy slaw with a zippy Asian dressing! A quick and easy delight! You may easily double the recipe(or triple, etc.). Made for RSC January, 2009.
Top Review by Ducky
Made this as an alternate to our usual dinner salad and we enjoyed the taste. I was generous in most of the veggie measurements. The cucumber was seeded and I used 2 scallions. I used probably about 1/8 C of cilantro and it was still a very distinct flavor and I would probably use less next time or leave it out. It seemed that this could use the addition of peanuts or fried wontons chips or something for a bit more crunch and texture. A good basic recipe though.
- 1 cup broccoli slaw mix
- 1⁄2 cup baby carrots, chopped small
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 scallion, sliced thin
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil (I used corn oil)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄8 cup rice vinegar
- 1 -2 teaspoon peanut butter
- 1⁄8 cup sugar (more or less to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the broccoli slaw, carrots, cucumbers, scallion and cilantro in a medium bowl.
- In a jar, mix the oil, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, peanut butter, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir vigorously to mix(or you could mix in a food processor or blender).
- Pour over salad and toss well to mix.