Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
- 1 cup raw oats or 1 cup rye meal or 1 cup triticale or 1 cup wheat (whole grains etc. or a combination)
- 1 quart water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a 2-3 quart saucepan combine grains with water; bring to boil over high heat; cover, remove from heat let stand 45 minutes to 1 hour, til softened but chewy.
- Drain; spread out on paper towels to dry, 1 hour.
- Preheat oven 425' degrees F.
- Line sided baking sheet with foil; spray with pan spray.
- Toss grains with oil spread out in single layer onto baking sheet.
- Bake 10-15 minutes watch carefully; til crisp; stirring often.
- combine salt and seasonings, sprinkle over grains and toss to coat.
- Store in air tight container.