Top Review by jkm988
These are an awesome, healthy, crunchy snack! My toddler loves them! Play around with the amount of oil you use and how long you bake to get the texture you like. I've found if you use too little oil, they are a dry crunchy that turns a bit sandy in you mouth. Too much oil, and you have to spread them on paper towels to soak it up. You basicly are frying them in the oil in the oven. I double the lentils but still only use about 2-3 T of oil and bake for about 45 minutes, stirring every 10-15. If you find you didn't get them crunchy enough after cooling, just pop them back in and they will crisp up for you. Everyone I've shared them with (and that's a lot), likes them!
- 236.59 ml lentils (not red)
- 946.0 ml water
- 29.58 ml canola oil
- 2.46 ml coarse salt
- 1.23 ml onion powder
- 1.23 ml curry powder
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In 2-3 quart saucepan bring water and lentils to boil. Cover, remove from heat and let stand 15 minutes.
- Drain Spread out on paper towels to dry.
- Preheat oven 425°F.
- Line baking pan with sides with foil.
- Spray with pan spray.
- Toss lentils with oil, spread out on pan in single layer.
- Bake in oven 10-15 minutes.
- Watch carefully, stirring often, til crisp.
- Combine salt and seasonings sprinkle over lentils and toss.
- Store in air tight container.