Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This makes a good snackie! It's a nice alternative to Chex Mix. It's also a good replacement for croutons, sprinkled on your salad or bowl of soup.
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Toss first 3 ingredients together in a shallow pan.
- Thoroughly combine remaining ingredients.
- Drizzle over top and toss to coat well.
- Heat at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Cool on paper towels.
- Recipe can be doubled or tripled.
I didn't have any trouble with this burning as I covered the mix initially however I just didn't care for the taste; I guess there are just different tastes out there,sorry.
This was a failure because just 15 minutes into baking it was all burned and inedible. Also the sesame seeds did not stick to the mixture - they just fell to the bottom of the baking pan and serving bowl. I think it could be a good recipe if cooked at a much lower temp.