Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups cheese crackers
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk or 1⁄4 cup water
- Melt butter in 9 by 9 baking dish and set aside.
- Wash and dry chicken.
- Combine Parmesan, cheese crackers, and chili powder into large freezer bag.
- Crush these ingredients until they resemble course bread crumbs.
- Add parsley and basil.
- In a shallow bowl, mix eggs and 1/4 cup of water or milk.
- Dip the chicken into the egg wash, transfer to the bag of breadcrumbs and shake until coated.
- Place coated tenders in baking dish.
- Cook 5 to 6 minutes on each side.
- Serve with dipping sauce, if desired.
Four stars for the flavor of the coating and moistness of the chicken. I used Reduced Fat Cheez-It crackers. I did have quite a bit of coating left over even though I pressed it onto the tenders. There is also no oven temp listed, so I baked the tenders as I always do which is 400 degrees for 10 minutes per side.