3 hrs 25 mins
Chef Mumsie Moskal's Note:
An organic nutritious loaf full of grain, soy, seeds and whole milk. Tastes wonderful as a sandwich and absolutely delicious as toast or grilled sandwiches. If you are into healthy choices and nutritious eating this one is for you. This recipe is a hybrid of Dr. McCay's Miracle Loaf.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons wheat germ
- 1/2 cup full fat soy flour
- 3/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 5 cups multi-grain flour or 5 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons roasted sunflower seeds or 3 tablespoons walnuts
- 1/4 raisins (optional)
- 3 tablespoons bread enhancer
- 3 teaspoons sea salt
- 3 cups warm water
- 2 (7 g) packages active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons honey or 2 tablespoons molasses or 2 tablespoons barley malt
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 egg
- 1Measure out all dry ingredients and set aside.
- 2In a mixer bowl or by hand blend all wet ingredients.
- 3Blend in all dry ingredients.
- 4This dough will be very sticky and loose. Add more flour by the tablespoon full until you are able to shape the dough.
- 5Pat the dough down and clean the sides of the bowl.
- 6Cover and let rise in a warm place until almost double in size approx 1 hour 20 minutes.
- 7Carefully turn out dough onto to board and shape into 3 loaves.
- 8You may use loaf pans (3) or banettones (2) and let dough rise again until double.
- 9Be careful not to let dough over rise.
- 10Bake at 400°F for 14 minutes then reduce temperature to 350°F and continue baking until brown and when tapped sounds hollow on top and bottom. This could take up to 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mumsie's Triple L Bread
Serving Size: 1 (35 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 43.8
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 252.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: