Prep 25 mins
Cook 3 hrs
An organic nutritious loaf full of grain, soy, seeds and whole milk. Tastes wonderful as a sandwich and absolutely delicious as toast or grilled sandwiches. If you are into healthy choices and nutritious eating this one is for you. This recipe is a hybrid of Dr. McCay's Miracle Loaf.
- 3 tablespoons wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup full fat soy flour
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 5 cups multi-grain flour or 5 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons roasted sunflower seeds or 3 tablespoons walnuts
- 1⁄4 raisins (optional)
- 3 tablespoons bread enhancer
- 3 teaspoons sea salt
- 3 cups warm water
- 2 (7 g) packages active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons honey or 2 tablespoons molasses or 2 tablespoons barley malt
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 egg
- Measure out all dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a mixer bowl or by hand blend all wet ingredients.
- Blend in all dry ingredients.
- This dough will be very sticky and loose. Add more flour by the tablespoon full until you are able to shape the dough.
- Pat the dough down and clean the sides of the bowl.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until almost double in size approx 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Carefully turn out dough onto to board and shape into 3 loaves.
- You may use loaf pans (3) or banettones (2) and let dough rise again until double.
- Be careful not to let dough over rise.
- Bake at 400°F for 14 minutes then reduce temperature to 350°F and continue baking until brown and when tapped sounds hollow on top and bottom. This could take up to 45 minutes.