Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I'm not sure where mum got this recipe. But it is a lovely addition to family gatherings. Worth the extra effort. You can find the recipe for the soya sauce rice dressing in my recipes.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 6 spring onions
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup currants
- 170 g roasted cashews
- 2 tablespoons roasted pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 6 tablespoons rice dressing, see recipe Soya Dressing for Mum's Rice Salad
- Cook rice in boiling water for 30-40 minutes.
- Rinse and drain.
- Chop spring onions finely.
- Transfer rice to bowl and while still warm add spring onion and remaining ingredients.
- Toss well and put in serving dish.