Recipe by SoupCookie
When there were left-over mash potatoes after a big family meal, my mum used to make croquettes the next day.....Mmmm, comfort food memories!!!
- 5 cups mashed potatoes, cold from fridge
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 pieces mozzarella cheese, 1/2 inch each
- 2 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Into potatoes, mix egg, salt & pepper, onion & garlic powders.
- Shape potatoes (1 cup at a time) into a ball shape around cheese cubes. Roll in bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in pan and brown all sides of croquettes until golden.
- Heat through in microwave until cheese is melted (40 seconds on high in my micro.).
- Eat plain or dip in sauce.
- *Note: please remember microwave times vary.