Recipe by loof
My mom used to make this often when we were growing up. We all loved it for dinner and for sandwiches with leftovers the next day - if there were any leftovers!
Top Review by Boomette
I used seasoned breadcrumbs, one small onion, 1 tsp of dried parsley. On top, I used shreadded mozzarella. After it was melted, I broiled it. It's great but it needed more pizza flavor. The sauce is very yummy. Thanks Loof :) Made for Photo tag game
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 egg
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend soup, water and oregano in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup soup mixture, bread crumbs, onion, parsley, egg and ground beef. Mix well.
- Shape into a loaf and place in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/4 hours.
- Remove from oven and spoon fat from pan. Pour remaining soup mixture over meatloaf. Top with cheese slices. Return to the oven and bake for 5-8 more minutes, until cheese begins to melt.