Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Growing up my mum made this almost weekly during spinach season - frozen spinach won't work. Sliver beet will work (not sure what this is called in USA). Crunchy peanut butter is a MUST.
- 500 g spinach (a large bunch)
- 1⁄3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch pepper
- Wash your spinach well - get all the grit out of it. Remove the white ends.
- In a large pot place the spinach and add about 1/4 cup of water and cook until well wilted.
- Add the peanut butter, pepper and nutmeg, stir well.
- Serve hot as a side dish.