Recipe by Brian Holley
Easy to cook and prepare, this is a one pot curry, just leaving you to cook a rice dish to go with it. My mother asked me to cook a curry one evening, I used what she had in the fridge. The result is wow. I cooked the veg from fresh added the egg (see photo) and some cold pork from the Sunday roast.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup coconut milk, thick
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons single cream
- 1 lb mixed vegetables
- 2 eggs
- coriander leaves (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter and fry the onion and garlic for a few minutes Add the spices cook 2 minutes.
- Add the liquids and bring to the boil.
- Add the vegetables and the eggs in their shells. Cook till the vegetable are just tender, remove the eggs and shell and quarter them.
- Serve on a bed of plain rice garnished with the eggs and coriander leaves.
- Ps. I used potatoes, carrots, beans, bell pepper, broccoli and tomatoes.