1 hr 10 mins
A tasty lentil soup taught to me by my Mum.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and grate the carrots. Finely chop the onion.
- 2Put everything in a large pan and fill it with enough water to cover the lentils and veg.
- 3Bring to the boil then simmer for about 30mins-1hour (until the lentils are cooked).
- 4Blitz with a hand blender if a smooth texture is required.
- 5Season with salt and pepper and serve with buttered rolls!
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mum's Lentil Soup
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.6
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 54.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 16.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ham stock cubes