1 hr 5 mins
This is a dish I came up with, for my daughter's Easter dinner. It is full of flavour. Cooking time does not include overnight refrigeration.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 lbs chicken (spatchcocked)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 tablespoon dried greek oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, whole
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1Spatchcock the chicken - this means to open it up down the back and remove backbone. This allows you to cook it whole but all spread out.
- 2Mix 1/4 Cup unsalted butter (softened),1 Tbsp kosher salt, Zest of 1 lemon, 1 Tbsp dried Greek oregano, 1 Tbsp fresh thyme minced, and 4 garlic cloves minced, together in a small bowl until well blended.
- 3Loosen skin from carcass of chicken gently with out tearing and shove gobs of butter mixture inside. Massage gently on the outside to distribute evenly. Do try to get it all over the breast and legs & thighs.
- 4Tuck wing tips under.
- 5Refrigerate over night.
- 6Arrange 4 - 6 garlic cloves 1 lemon sliced in bottom of 9 x 13 baking dish.
- 7Place chicken on top of lemon and garlic.
- 8Mix together basting sauce ingredients and brush all overt skin before baking and several time during baking.
- 9Roast at 400°F for 35 - 45 minute.
- 10If skin gets too brown tent loosely with foil.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mum's Lemon Garlic Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (470 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 718.5
- Calories from Fat 485
- Total Fat 53.9 g
- Saturated Fat 21.4 g
- Cholesterol 226.8 mg
- Sodium 1958.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 46.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of