Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious, light and fluffy cheesecake. Always a hit whenever I make it. This was first made by my mum and thought this is the perfect place to share for other to enjoy and keep it safe.
- 2 cups crushed granita biscuits
- 125 g butter (melted)
- lemon jelly crystals (1 pkt)
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated milk (must be well chilled)
- 250 g Philadelphia Cream Cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Biscuit Base.
- Mix crushed biscuits and melted butter together and press into tin and put in fridge.
- Dissolve jelly into boiling water; add lemon rind and juice – cool slightly.
- Beat evaporated milk until thick.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth; blend in sugar, vanilla essence and beaten evaporated milk.
- Fold in warm jelly mixture.
- Pour into the prepared biscuit crust and chill for several hours.
- Enjoy !