Recipe by Perfect Pixie
We had this once every two weeks in New Zealand. It is really nice. Scene as we were kids and loved it, I'm sure yours will to. Mum calls it Vichyssoise, but we prefer the name I gave it, so much easier
Top Review by Hollylu
This soup was good, but had too much milk for my taste. Next time I will only put one cup of milk or cream in. I only pureed half of it in the blender so that it would have some pieces in it; I added a cup of shredded cheese (Asiago), too, for extra flavor.
I also used store bought chicken broth.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 -4 leeks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 -4 potatoes, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 pints boiling water
- 3 -4 tablespoons chicken stock
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash leeks and chop up.
- Melt butter in saucepan and add chopped onions and leeks.
- Fry for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the potatoes, water, stock and salt.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 20 minutes.
- When vegetables are tender, put through blender; return to saucepan and re-heat.
- Add milk, cream and pepper.
- Do not re-boil.
- Serve in soup bowls with bread and butter or French stick and butter on the side.