Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe that my mum made for us a lot when we were kids - as did her mum when she was little! I finally got around to actually measuring them the last time I made it. LOL Feel free to play around with the quantities, I used Forequarter lamb chops, depending on what cut of chop you use you may want more or less of them. Although this uses salt reduced french onion soup mix, it still has a quite concentrated flavour. By all means you can cut it down to 1 packet, or 1 1/2 packets. Just keep in mind the gravy will be considerably thinner. You definitely want to serve this yummy dish with potato mash.
- Mix water and french onion soup mix together, set aside.
- Trim lamb chops of all visible fat.
- Place 3 chops in a casserole dish and top with half the French Onion mix, add the rest of the chops and top with the remaining French Onion Mix.
- Cover with lid (or foil) and bake in 180c oven for about 1 hour.
- I usually check them after 30 minutes and add more water if it looks a little dry.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.