- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups milk, scalded
- 1⁄2 cup raisins, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup rice, cooked (white)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs slightly. Add sugar, nutmeg, salt and vanilla; beat until blended.
- Add hot milk gradually, stirring constantly.
- Stir in rice and raisins.
- Pour into buttered 1 1/2 quart casserole or baking dish; set dish in larger pan filled with 2 inches of boiling hot water.
- Sprinkle top of pudding with a little nutmeg.
- Bake in moderate oven, 350 F for 1 hour or until set.
- NOTE: 1 1/2 hours cooking time includes both prep and bake time.