1 hr 30 mins
This was my mum's recipe. Whenever I make this, it brings me right back to my childhood. So comforting and tasty! I LOVE it! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat eggs slightly. Add sugar, nutmeg, salt and vanilla; beat until blended.
- 2Add hot milk gradually, stirring constantly.
- 3Stir in rice and raisins.
- 4Pour into buttered 1 1/2 quart casserole or baking dish; set dish in larger pan filled with 2 inches of boiling hot water.
- 5Sprinkle top of pudding with a little nutmeg.
- 6Bake in moderate oven, 350 F for 1 hour or until set.
- 7NOTE: 1 1/2 hours cooking time includes both prep and bake time.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mum's Custard Raisin Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.2
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 110.0 mg
- Sodium 243.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 27.5 g
- Protein 10.9 g