Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This was my mum's recipe. Whenever I make this, it brings me right back to my childhood. So comforting and tasty! I LOVE it! :)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups milk, scalded
- 1⁄2 cup raisins, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup rice, cooked (white)
- Beat eggs slightly. Add sugar, nutmeg, salt and vanilla; beat until blended.
- Add hot milk gradually, stirring constantly.
- Stir in rice and raisins.
- Pour into buttered 1 1/2 quart casserole or baking dish; set dish in larger pan filled with 2 inches of boiling hot water.
- Sprinkle top of pudding with a little nutmeg.
- Bake in moderate oven, 350 F for 1 hour or until set.
- NOTE: 1 1/2 hours cooking time includes both prep and bake time.
This is really delicious and so simple to make! Thank you for sharing!
Made exactly as directed & it came out perfect & delicious.
I was looking for a Rice Pudding recipe to use my left over rice. Most of the recipes did' not require baking and also did not use raisins (rice pudding without raisins?) This recipe had all I was looking for. It is so tasty and creamy I love it. Thanks so much for posting it will go into my tried and true file!