Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was my mum's recipe. Whenever I make this, it brings me right back to my childhood. So comforting and tasty! I LOVE it! :)
- Beat eggs slightly. Add sugar, nutmeg, salt and vanilla; beat until blended.
- Add hot milk gradually, stirring constantly.
- Stir in rice and raisins.
- Pour into buttered 1 1/2 quart casserole or baking dish; set dish in larger pan filled with 2 inches of boiling hot water.
- Sprinkle top of pudding with a little nutmeg.
- Bake in moderate oven, 350 F for 1 hour or until set.
- NOTE: 1 1/2 hours cooking time includes both prep and bake time.