Prep 12 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious coffee cake to get you going in the morning or when you need something that remind you of home cooking
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- cinnamon-sugar mixture
- Turn on oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients.
- Pour into round cake pan (butter pan first).
- Mix extra cinnamon and sugar together in bowl and pour on top of batter.
- Put in the oven for 5 (five) minutes.
- Turn the oven down to 325 degrees and cook for another 15 minutes.
I love it when I'm searching for something different to make and I have all the ingredients at home. This is one of those recipes. Very yummy with such simple ingredients and very quick to put together. I made this last night and it all went. I'm trying it again this morning substituting 1/4 cup of wheat flour. I'm gonna try adding some brown sugar to the topping also. Thanks, Kelseykins!