Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I buy sausage mince (ground sausage meat)for these although when posted it comes up as sausage but it definitely isn't a prepared sausage there is just the ground meat no casing when bought.I usually cook these in the oven. I buy Masterfoods mixed herbs (premixed)and they contain dried thyme, rosemary, marjoram, basil, oregano and sage.
- 500 g pork sausage (or beef sausage meat, ground)
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs (or less not more)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- salt & pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs, approximately
- Mix all but the last ingredient and roll into balls with wet hands (food processor good for mixing).
- Roll in dry breadcrumbs and panfry in olive oil.
- Or they can be baked in a hot oven 200degC (400degF) for about 10-15 minutes depending on the size.
- Serve with a dipping sauce, thin tomato chutney, sweet chilli or whatever you prefer.