Recipe by Daydream
My mother's most requested recipe.
Top Review by Lalaloula
Mmmm, Im in cheese heaven right now!!! :) These scones are very, very tasty!!! Due to the quite original way of preparing these, they had a very different texture from what Im used to in scones: They were very fluffy and spongy, but that was great! I luved the combination of cheese and cayenne pepper (will use more of it next time) and the overall taste of these! This recipe was so easy and quick to put together that I had it on the table in nearly no time. Great if youre short on time. THANKS SO MUCH for sharing this lovely recipe with us, Daydream! Ill surely make it again!
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 6 ounces milk
- 4 ounces tasty cheese, grated
- cayenne pepper
- 1 cup self raising flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix together the beaten egg, melted butter and milk with a spoon. Stir in the grated cheese, and a shake of cayenne pepper to taste.
- Sift the self raising flour with the salt, then fold into the egg mixture. The mixture will be quite sloppy.
- Place into small muffin pans and bake in a hot oven 10 to 15 minutes.