Recipe by HappySphinx
My little Mum has been making Baked Reuben for us as long as I can remember. LOVED IT!!! ...my favorite dinner
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (1/4 ounce) yeast
- 2 teaspoons instant minced onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons dark molasses
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup medium rye flour
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons horseradish mustard
- 1⁄2 lb corned beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can sauerkraut, well-drained
- 4 ounces swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- shred or cut up corned beef.
- slice cheese.
- In a large mixer bowl, combine flour, yeast, onion, caraway seed, and salt; mix well.
- Add very warm water (120 to 130 degrees) molasses and oil to flour mixture. Blend at low speed until moistened; beat 3 minutes at medium speed.
- By hand, gradually stir in rye flour to make a stiff batter.
- Spread batter in greased 9-inch square cake pan.
- Combine mayonnaise and mustard; spread over dough.
- Cover; let rise in warm place until almost doubled, about l5 minutes.
- Sprinkle corned beef over dough,
- then sprinkle sauerkraut over beef.
- Place cheese slices on top, overlapping edges.
- Bake at 375 for 30 to 35 minutes til cheese is melted.
- Serve hot. Makes 4-6 servings.
- (Remove any remaining servings from pan, wrap in foil and refrigerate. Reheat at 300 for about l5 minutes.).