- 4 ounces margarine
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 1 cup sultana
- 1 cup currants or 1 cup mixed fruit
- 1 cup brown sugar or 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 170c.
- Put all ingredients into a large saucepan - EXCEPT EGG & FLOUR.
- Stir while bringing to the boil. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Beat the egg in & flour when COOL.
- Put into greased 7" tin bake for 1hr and quarter. If you have a fan oven turn the heat slightly lower.