Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my mother's recipe for shrimp curry. It comes from Hyderabad, India.
Make and share this Mummy's Shrimp Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs fresh shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 onions, chopped finely
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ginger, crushed
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (or as much or little as you like)
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 -2 green chili
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Brown onions in oil.
- Mix spices in a little water to make a runny paste.
- Fry paste with onions on medium-low heat and simmer 5 minute.
- Add shrimp.
- Cover and let cook until shrimp are pink.