Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ramen noodles are always popular with kids -- but the ones you buy are really high in salt and it only takes a few minutes to make your own! It's also fun to serve them in a glass or cup. This recipe comes from Disney's Family Fun website.
- 2 1⁄2 ounces ramen noodles (1 packet of cheap Ramen. Discard the flavoring packet)
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄3 cup drained canned corn or 1⁄3 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions . Drain and set aside.
- Put the broth, soy sauce, peas, corn and chicken in a pan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes.
- In a small cup, mix the cornstarch with 1 tsp cold water and add to the contents of the pan, then cook, stirring for another minute or until the liquid thickens slightly.
- Add the noodles and scallion and reheat briefly, stirring. Transfer to a bowl or small cup to serve.