Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is Mummy's recipe for fudge.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup white syrup
- 2 baker's chocolate squares
- 1⁄8 cup oleo
- 6 -8 marshmallows
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Mix sugar and cream and let boil a few minutes. While boiling good add syrup slowly and so as not to stop boiling.
- Then add chocolate and 1/4 stick oleo and let boil slowly till a little tested in ice water forms a soft ball- that can be picked up in fingers.
- Remove from fire and cool a while. Stir and heat until it begins to be grainy.
- Chop 1 cup or more of pecans cut in half and 6 or 8 marshmallows and add before panning out in buttered pan. Put nuts in last. Put marshmallows while warm so will melt.
PAC 08 choice for me. This is an easy fudge recipe, no problems getting a fantastic product in the end. Gave some of this to a dear friend who in return asked for the recipe.