Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My mother used to make this simple and delicious cabbage curry. It is from Hyderabad, India.
Make and share this Mummy's Cabbage Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, crushed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 small cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 onion
- Chop onions and brown in butter.
- Mix spices, tomato paste and ginger to a paste and add to onions.
- Simmer on medium heat for a couple of minutes.
- Add cabbage.
- Stir, adding a bit of water as needed until cooked.
This was really great! At the point of adding the cabbage, I added water as written (about 1/4 cup), then covered and let it simmer for about 10-12 minutes. This recipe gives cabbage an exotic flavor with very little time and effort. Loved it. Thanx!