Holy Batman! The dogs are all dead! These delicious lil' mummys are made especially for YOU to enjoy at your next Halloween bash! Let's do the Monster Mash! OR How about cutting the meat in half and making twice as many of them for your little girls birthday party and have as little baby doll in a blanket appetizers??? OR How about making as little babies in a blanket and having them at your next baby shower??? You can just use hot dogs or sausage plain and wrap them up in the blanket of dough and bake, then dip in your favorite dippers of mustard, sweet and sour sauce, ketchup etc. The options are endless! As you can see in a couple of the pictures, I leave a space when wrapping for the "face" to show.
- 2 (10 ounce) rolls refrigerated pizza dough or 2 (10 ounce) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 8 hot dogs (If making babies, cut in 16 pieces) or 1 lb kielbasa (If making babies, cut in 16 pieces) or 8 cooked links sausage (If making babies, cut in 16 pieces)
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat parmesan cheese (optional)
- 4 tablespoons pizza sauce (optional) or 4 tablespoons pasta sauce (optional)
- onion (optional)
- green pepper (optional)
- olive (optional)
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning mix (or your own mix of oregano, thyme, parsley, etc.) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Open pkg. of pizza dough or crescent rolls.
- (If making pizza filled gather ingredients, grate cheese, and dice vegetables).
- Spray cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
- Place pizza dough or crescent rolls on sheet, and cut into 8 squares (or 16 if you are making babies). Press dough thin with fingers.
- Add pizza sauce to each square (if making pizza filled).
- Add hot dogs or cooked sausage (and other pizza toppings, and pizza herbs, to taste, if making pizza filled).
- "Mummify" the hot dogs/kielbasa/sausage by wrapping them completely in the dough, and pinching the ends. (I wrap the roll around the dog or baby and leave a little "face").
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until crust begins to brown.
- Serve with warm pizza sauce for dip, or dip in mustard, sweet and sour sauce or ketchup, depending on what you like!.
I use a six pack of large sausages with two crescents and then use the two rolls left over for stripping into mummy bandages. I add peppercorns for eyes. Very scary.
These are very good and fun to make. I used crescent roll dough, sliced into thin strips and wrapped them around the mini-sausages in an effort to make them look more mummy-like =-) I did not use any of the optional ingredients and used mustard for the eyes. Thanks for sharing this great idea!
I made these for a baby shower and they were all gone when I was ready to leave! I dotted the kielbasa with mustard and everyone thought they were too cute to eat but they did anyway! Everyone thought it was such a great appetizer for the shower. I let everyone know they can be mummies for Halloween too, and I got lots of requests for the recipe!