Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A treat for the grandkids at halloween.Family loves them.
- 1 package chocolate chunk brownie mix
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (450 g) container vanilla frosting
- 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chip
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees (160C degrees).
- Pour brownie mix into a large bowl.
- For more chocolatey flavour, stir in cocoa powder.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in egg and water until mixture is smooth and all lumps are gone.
- Stir in flour, 1/4 cup at a time.
- mixing well after each addition and adding just enough flour so the bater is quite stiff, like dough.
- Depending on brownie mix, you may not need last 1/4 cup flour.
- For mummy`s body, roll 1 rounded tbsp dough into a 3 1/2 inch-long carrot shape.
- For head, roll 1 rounede tsp.
- dough into a grape shape, then prees onto wide end of mummy`s body.
- Place on a greases cookie sheet.
- Repeat with remaining dough, leaving 1/2 inch space between shapes.
- For ghosts roll 1 rounded tbsp.
- dough into a ball, place on a greased cookie sheet and gently flatten.
- Using your thumb and index finger, shape into a triangle.
- For head, roll 1 rounded tsp dough into a ball and place on tip of triangle.
- prees down and seal head to body.
- Repeat until all dough is used up.
- Bake in center of 350F degrees oven until cookies feal firm to touch, from 10-12 min.
- Remove from oven and immediately place cookies on a cookie rack.
- Cookies will be cracked a little, but will be covered in frosting.
- When cool, for mummy`s, spread 1 1/2 tbsp frosting over each cookie.
- To create a"bandage" effect, swirl your finger or a toothpick through frosting, moving left to right, starting at head and moving toward bottom.
- Use chocolate chips for eyes, for ghosts, slihtly melt i cup frosting in a microwave on high for 20-30 seconds , then spread over entire surface of cookie.
- This will give a glossy effect and ghostly shimmer.
- Makes 15 cookies.
The cookies were great......