Dave C's Note:
A treat for the grandkids at halloween.Family loves them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350F degrees (160C degrees).
- 2Pour brownie mix into a large bowl.
- 3For more chocolatey flavour, stir in cocoa powder.
- 4Using a wooden spoon, stir in egg and water until mixture is smooth and all lumps are gone.
- 5Stir in flour, 1/4 cup at a time.
- 6mixing well after each addition and adding just enough flour so the bater is quite stiff, like dough.
- 7Depending on brownie mix, you may not need last 1/4 cup flour.
- 8For mummy`s body, roll 1 rounded tbsp dough into a 3 1/2 inch-long carrot shape.
- 9For head, roll 1 rounede tsp.
- 10dough into a grape shape, then prees onto wide end of mummy`s body.
- 11Place on a greases cookie sheet.
- 12Repeat with remaining dough, leaving 1/2 inch space between shapes.
- 13For ghosts roll 1 rounded tbsp.
- 14dough into a ball, place on a greased cookie sheet and gently flatten.
- 15Using your thumb and index finger, shape into a triangle.
- 16For head, roll 1 rounded tsp dough into a ball and place on tip of triangle.
- 17prees down and seal head to body.
- 18Repeat until all dough is used up.
- 19Bake in center of 350F degrees oven until cookies feal firm to touch, from 10-12 min.
- 20Remove from oven and immediately place cookies on a cookie rack.
- 21Cookies will be cracked a little, but will be covered in frosting.
- 22When cool, for mummy`s, spread 1 1/2 tbsp frosting over each cookie.
- 23To create a"bandage" effect, swirl your finger or a toothpick through frosting, moving left to right, starting at head and moving toward bottom.
- 24Use chocolate chips for eyes, for ghosts, slihtly melt i cup frosting in a microwave on high for 20-30 seconds , then spread over entire surface of cookie.
- 25This will give a glossy effect and ghostly shimmer.
- 26Makes 15 cookies.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mummy and ghost cookies
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.1
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 14.1 mg
- Sodium 60.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 19.3 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chocolate chunk brownie mix