Recipe by Ninna
This is great for lemon meringue pies, cake filling and as a spread for toast or English muffins.
Top Review by good2bdunn
The timing for this recipe must be off because I stirred like a mad woman for 10 minutes of boiling and ended up with a burnt brown mess that I need to soak out of my pan. I used the timer too. I think it probably should have been closer to a simmer and not an actual boil.
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 lemons, juice and zest of
- 1⁄4 cup butter (60g)
- 1⁄2 cup water, approximately
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the lemon juice into a cup measure, then make up to a full cup with water.
- Put all ingredients into a saucepan and boil (don't just simmer) for 10 minutes, stirring constantly after it boils - must not stir until it has boiled or it will go candied.
- As Chef Dudo mentioned in her review, it thickens on cooling.