got this from discussfitness.com. What i like about this is that it has no white flour so its pretty healthy, dense yet soft texture. I only use 2 c water, and around approx 4 1/4 c whole wheat flour
- Combine 1 1/2 c ww, 1 1/2 c oats, 1/3 c gluten flour,oil, honey.
- Pour water, mix well.
- Add yeast, salt, mix, 1 1/2 c oats.
- Stir in 3 - 3 1/2 c of whole wheat. Stop adding when cleans sides of bowl.
- Knead well. Divide into 2 loaves. Place in greased pan cover with towel. Rise til dbl 45- 60min.
- Bake 350º 30min.
- NOTE: For wheat germ, wheat bran, nuts. May sub any of the following as long as 1 c total: GNC soy baking mix, Flax seed, Wheat Germ, Oat bran, Bulgar Wheat, Sunflower seed.
The bread is easy to make and tastes fabulous. I'm especially grateful for this recipe as I've just started grinding my own wheat flour at home and the grinder does not produce flour as fine as the store bought. Since this recipe asks for wheat germ and wheat bran in the ingredients I thought it would be perfect since my flour already includes all the parts of the wheat berry. After a recent recipe flop I gave this one a go and am very happy with the results!
This bread is so great. I've tried perhaps 50 different bread recipes and none came close. Especially amazing since it's all whole grain and yet stays so moist and has such a nice texture. I use whatever germ, bran, nut I have,and even Chia seeds give it a nice little crunch. Thanks for sharing this.
This bread is the "bomb". I make all my own bread and this has become my family's favorite. Great texture, flavor and holds up well.
Thanks for a great recipe.