Very easy and fast to throw together. For added heart healthy boost and crunch sprinkle 1/2 cup chopped roasted almonds before serving. Recipe from Real Simple FEB 2008 edition.
My Private Note
pasta d ...
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces multi-grain penne
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 leeks, cut into half moons (white and light green parts)
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh sage
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces (aboit 1 pound)
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Cook the pasta according to the package directions, Drain reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- 2Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the leeks and cook stirring until they begin to softened, 4 minutes. Stir the garlic and sage and cook 2 minutes. Add the sweet potatoes 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper and cook covered stirring twice, until just tender 6-8 minutes.
- 3Stir 1/2 cup of the parmesan cheese and the reserved pasta water and simmer, stirring until potatoes are fully cooked 2-4 minutes.
- 4Add the cooked pasta and nutmeg and toss.
- 5Divide among individual bowls and sprinkle with remaining parmesan and 1/2 tsp pepper.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Multigrain Pasta With Sweet Potatoes and Leeks
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 526.4
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 16.5 mg
- Sodium 634.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.2 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 22.1 g