Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Multigrain Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 2 eggs (or equivalent egg substitute)
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 (2 1/4 cup) low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- canola oil
- Combine whole wheat and all-purpose flours, oatmeal, cornmeal, baking poder, baking soda and salt in a food processor and process only to blend. Blend oil, eggs, 2 cups of buttermilk and honey together in a large bowl. Add flour mixture and stir just until blended. Fold in pecans. Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium-high heat. Brush with oil. Ladle a 1/4 cup-measure of batter onto griddle for each 4-inch pancake. Cook until golden brown on the bottom and small bubbles form on surface, about 1 minute. Turn and cook second side until brown. Adjust heat to keep pancakes from burning before cooking through.
- Makes 16 pancakes.